HalflingGaming

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

HalflingGaming
HalflingGaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldorion's Application

5 posters

Go down

Eldorion's Application Empty Eldorion's Application

Post by Eldorion Fri May 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Vortigaunt Format

Must be a trusted admin or a Super Admin to continue.

Three paragraph backstory of how you came to earth: Rha'aun was young, too young to know what was quite going on, when the great Resonance Cascade occurred at Black Mesa. His father, Gruikin'aun was sent, along with several of his slave-mates, to Black Mesa, by orders of the Nihilanth, who was controlled by the Universal Union. There, they were butchered by The One Free Man. They attacked him unwillingly, having no free will. After The One Free Man killed the Nihilanth, the Vortigaunt's were freed from the Universal Union's grasp and took refuge on Earth from them. The Universal Union used the Portal Storms caused by the Resonance Cascade to send a large invasion force to Earth, resulting in the famous 7 hour war.
While this was all happening, fleeing Vortigaunts used the Portal Storms to also escape to Earth, but were systematically searched for and recaptured. Rha'aun survived alone, just barely, by using his meager knowledge of Vortessence and of the Xenian creatures such as antlions and headcrabs. Everything was so much more different than in Xen. He felt lost, alone, abandoned. In Xen, his clansmen were renowned for their skill in antlion husbandry, and it was Rha'aun's job to look after the antlion larvae and keep the various other Xenian creatures away from the burrows that made up the antlion nest. This was a very simple job, as feeding and conditioning the larvae was very easy as the antlions were used to the presence of the vortigaunt's of Kalun'Ra's clan. The other job, keeping the burrows clear of creatures such as headcrabs was only to practice his fighting abilities, as greater foes were always available. It was a step up from cooking headcrab meat though.... The Vortigaunt clans farmed various other creatures of Xen, but few were as prized as the antlions, as they were the only creature that could provide the pheropods and larval extract, which is used for medicinal and spiritual purposes and to control the antlion hordes.

Unfortunately, for a young Vortigaunt pup like Rha'aun, it was only a matter of time until the Universal Union tracked him down and shackled him.He found shelter at a rebel base quickly. There, he honed his vortessence abilities, although it was hampered by the fact that there was no elder or other vortigaunt to compare himself with. He also provided equipment maintenance, although limited, and helped any refugees passing through. His shelter was found by the combine and all of the people there were killed but he hid from these combine invaders and waited for them to leave. The combine finally left and Rha'aun decided he would find a new rebel base in City 45. He grew up mastering the vortessence abilities moving from base to base helping where he could and this is his story.

What type of vortigaunt are you? A Enslaved Vortigaunt? Or a Free Vortigaunt? : Free Vortigaunt

Roleplay Examples for Free Vortigaunts

You are talking with the rebel leader but as you do you hear footsteps of overwatch units approaching, what do you do? I warn the rebel leader and get them to safety and try to assess the problem such as how many there are.

You are outside at night with no units in your location, suddenly there is screams, what do you do?
I run and find out where the screams are coming for and hide but watch from a corner to find out whats going on.

You are captured by the Combine although you have powers and are strapped to a torture chair you see the commander that put you there, what do you do?
I shoot the straps with my vortigaunt beam to free my self and then try to shoot my way out and escape the nexus.
End of application.

Last edited by Eldorion on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Eldorion's Application Empty Re: Eldorion's Application

Post by Raklo Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 am

Well, your backstory doesn't match the cannon sadly, all Vortiguants fount Earth through a dimensional rift that leaded to Earth. The same story applys with Headcrabs and other Synth species.

Fix this, and I might consider it.
Raklo
Raklo

Back to top Go down

Eldorion's Application Empty -Support

Post by RPSim Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:13 am

+Support
Acceptable application,a few errors but its good.
Hope you get accepted my good sir.
-RPSim

Last edited by RPSim on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
RPSim
RPSim

Back to top Go down

Post by Raklo Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:23 am

+ Support
Rather good application, it could use a bit more detail, but it's fine.
Raklo
Raklo

Back to top Go down

Post by John Walrus the third Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:32 pm

It's an alright app but not the best, I think since he fixed the backstory lengh I will give it

SUPPORT+
John Walrus the third
John Walrus the third

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon5579 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Applied....
Sheldon5579
Sheldon5579
Server Owner
Server Owner

Back to top Go down